Development Associate: Full-Time Position
Development Associate Skills
IBCF is looking for someone with at least 3 years of prior experience in a Development Associate role. Experience in a non-profit agency is a must. Must be a strong problem-solver and detail oriented individual with above-average organizational, verbal and written communication skills. Strong project management skills are essential. An understanding of marketing and promotions practices are important. This individual should work naturally within a team environment as well as possess the ability to work with little supervision as needed.
Create and Track Fundraising Events
- Contact potential donors and participants for events as seen fit by the Executive Director.
- Maintain relationships with a certain level of existing lower level donors.
- Assist with all fundraising events from beginning stages to implementation. This includes soliciting silent auction donations all year long for the Through the Looking Glass Gala.
- Create and submit reports to the Executive Director that describe the progress and effectiveness of each fundraising event and campaign.
- Maintain an accurate record of donations with reports from Bloomerang, IBCF Database.
- Work closely with the part-time accountant to ensure adequate coding of donations in Quickbooks
- Create and send acknowledgements of donations to donors and granting agencies.
Research Funding Sources
- Research and identify potential donors or sources of donations for IBCF.
- Present these potential donors and sources to the Executive Director for review.
- Maintain the grants calendar with due dates and notes associated with donor meetings.
Provide Administrative Support
- Be the first point of contact for individuals meeting with the Executive Director.
- Support grant writing efforts by preparing necessary documents for each grant proposal.
- Organize newsletters and other communication materials for quarterly delivery to supporters.
- Maintain donor database and records on a daily basis.
- Assist with intern supervisory duties.
- Other duties as assigned.
Salary range: Full-Time Salaried Position- $40,000-$43,000
Benefits: Vacation and sick time provided. No health or retirement benefits at this time.