Your Voice Matters
Thank you for supporting the Indiana Blind Children’s Foundation (IBCF). Over the last five years, the foundation has experienced wonderful growth because of supporters like you who believe in the success of children with visual impairments.
Because of your support, the foundation has made a deep impact on children and families through some of the following efforts:
- The expansion of the 3D Print Lab which now integrates students in the creation of 3D printed objects used as learning tools in the classrooms.
- Funding a week-long overnight summer camp (Expanding Your Horizons Camp) each year dedicated to building confidence and self-esteem in children with visual impairments.
- Supporting braille literacy and family engagement workshops on an annual basis that build sensitivity and strengthen family relationships through the Indiana Braille Challenge.
- Year-round investments in access technology including the purchase of ten SMART Boards for classrooms, as well as the integration of BlindSquare technology and GPS App throughout the ISBVI campus which details points of interest and intersections for safe, reliable travel both outside and inside.
- Integrated and maintained annual program partnerships with Nine13sports, Big Brothers Big Sisters of Central Indiana, and Indy Women in Tech (IWIT)-The Eureka! Exchange to benefit the academic and social well-being of children with visual impairments.
- Renovated the ISBVI Auditorium, with support from Lilly Endowment, Inc., with all new audio, lighting, video capabilities and access technology transforming ISBVI into a more welcoming community engagement space that hosts a wide array of performances and experiences for people of all abilities.
- Most recently established a committee of community members and businesses to design and build a sensory room to help children ages 3-11 with sensory issues to increase coping skills, and improve focus and motor skills development.
We value your interest and commitment to the IBCF mission. In order to continue to develop the necessary tools and programs for success in partnership with ISBVI, IBCF wants to learn more about our supporters, their reasons for giving and engagement, as well as align with future supporters to grow the community around our students.
IBCF is partnering with a team of students from Indiana University to gather your input through a short online survey. All information you provide will be kept confidential, only a summary of responses will be provided to the foundation unless the supporter indicates wanting any follow-up communication. Please click on the survey button below to complete this short 5-10 minute survey to help us learn more about those who support our mission.