2nd Annual No Limits Celebration & Kick-Off at ISBVI
On July 26, 1990, the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) was passed and signed into law to ensure people with disabilities have equal opportunities to employment, public accommodations, transportation, and commercial facilities. While the ADA has provided significant physical access for individuals with disabilities, the No Limits Arts Series aims to strengthen inclusiveness and remove social barriers in the arts for individuals with disabilities. Every year on the anniversary weekend of the ADA, we celebrate this historic moment.
Join us as we celebrate the 30th anniversary of the ADA on Saturday, July 25, 2020 featuring Jerron “Blind Boy” Paxton at the Indiana School for the Blind and Visually Impaired. Paxton has an eerie ability to transform traditional jazz, blues, folk, and country into the here and now, and make it real. In addition, he mesmerizes audiences with his humor and storytelling. He's a world-class talent and a unique character who is "virtually the only music-maker of his generation—playing guitar, banjo, piano and violin, among other implements—to fully assimilate the blues idiom of the 1920s and ‘30s." He has toured the world, performing with Buddy Guy, Eric Burdon, Edgar Winter - including a night to remember at a sold out Carnegie Hall.
No Limits Celebration Festivities Include:
6:00PM - 7:00PM: A Pre-Concert Reception with heavy appetizers, complimentary drinks and special a cappella performance by No Limits arts partner, Capital City Chorus.
7:00PM – 7:30PM: Seating in the ISBVI Auditorium
7:30PM: Opening Remarks and short No Limits Documentary Film
8:00PM: Concert featuring Jerron "Blind Boy" Paxton
9:30PM - 10:00PM: A Post-Concert Reception with complimentary drinks, desserts and a Q and A with Jerron Paxton and Emcee Kathy Nimmer (additional fee).*
Due to COVID-19, large gatherings are currently on hold. We are still planning to host the No Limits Celebration on Saturday, July 25th, however this date may change as the COVID-19 situation progresses and we consider the health and safety of our guests. For up to date information, please continue to visit our website, sign up for our newsletter and/or follow IBCF social media channels for up to date information regarding this event.
Thank You 2020 No Limits Celebration Sponsors
IBCF 2nd Annual Swing into Spring Event at Topgolf
The Indiana Blind Children's Foundation invites you to this family friendly event on Sunday, March 8th from 2PM-6PM at Topgolf Fishers!
No golf experience necessary. Challenge friends and family to an addictive point-scoring golf game with micro-chipped balls on a 240-yard outfield using ground targets. Teams consists of six people. Ages 7 and up are welcome to play! $75 per adult and $35 per youth ages 7-17.
Sponsorships are still available. Download the sponsorship brochure featured on this page to learn more about this year’s sponsor levels and full benefits. Download and share the featured flyer with friends and family.
- Dinner Buffet: Chicken tenders + honey mustard dipping sauce, pulled pork sliders with secret BBQ sauce, house made slaw, fresh seasonal fruit assorted, kettle chips, chocolate chip cookie bites, cake, fountain soda, iced tea, coffee and water.
- One Drink Ticket: Good towards one adult beverage. Cash bar also available.
- 2.5 Hours of Tournament Play: Trophies for 1st, 2nd, 3rd and Last Place Teams.
- Mulligans for Purchase: Golf Pro to take your swing.
- Ultimate Golf Packages: $40 (Includes 3 Raffle Tickets, 1 Mulligan, 1 Drink Ticket and 1 Entry for Exclusive Prize)
- Raffle Prizes: Tickets 1 for $10, 3 for $25, or 10 for $75 (Indiana Gaming License Pending)
- 2:00PM-2:30PM: Check-In, purchase raffle tickets, networking and enjoy a drink!
- 2:30PM-2:45PM: Welcome featuring IBCF Video and Tournament Play Overview
- 2:45PM-5:15PM: Tournament Play (Two Rounds/Collective Score)
- 4:30PM-6:00PM: Dinner buffet (guests may eat in dining room or take food back to bay)
- 5:15PM-5:30PM: Open play and networking
- 5:30PM-6:00PM: Winners announced and prizes awarded
- 6:00PM: Event Concludes
All proceeds benefit the mission of the Indiana Blind Children’s Foundation. IBCF invests in children with visual impairments so each child will thrive in school and daily life. IBCF is a philanthropic foundation that supports the unique work and programs at the Indiana School for the Blind and Visually Impaired.
Photos from 2019 IBCF Swing into Spring Event at Topgolf